Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Book Review: Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeline Roux




The last zombie book I read left me thinking, “this was great, but what it really needed was a good dose of feminist angst.” Fortunately, I stumbled across Allison Hewitt is Trapped. In this book, the title character blogs her way through the zombie apocalypse. Beginning at the bookstore where she worked, she and a group of friends fight their way through the undead on a quest to find her mother and ride out what seems to be the end of the world. Will she survive? Will she find her mother? What about true love—is that even an option once the dead have risen? The book itself is a series of blog posts, and this fairly unique format helps maintain respectable pacing, a solid narrative, and just the right amount of tension to make a decent read, even if there was more “I’ll get angst-y and go off by myself because I just can’t handle people right now” than I really like in a book.


Read the rest here




.

No comments:

Post a Comment