Monday, August 15, 2011

Review: Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament by G.K. Beale and D.A. Carson

Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old TestamentCommentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament by G.K. Beale

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm marking this book as "read", though I haven't technically "read" it from cover to cover (which, btw, is 1200+ double-columned pages!). What I have read is the introduction and several selections from it as I've needed to reference them. Overall, it's an excellent reference to use for a very specific purpose. It is exactly what the title says, a commetary on how the New Testament uses the Old Testament. The book (the parts I've read and used so far, anyway) is useful and relatively clear, if a bit more information than most non-academics are really going to need. Having said that, I've found it very useful in thinking through some of the difficult citations in the New Testament, especially when it seems like the author is making a bit of a stretch in quoting a specific passage.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment